Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Week 7

#17 PBwiki learning 2.0

PBwiki allows anyone to make their own wiki. I found the PBwiki tips very useful for someone new to all this technology (like me!). I tried playing the video in the PBwiki tour, but the sound did not work well.Still I think having a video is a good thing. I never knew that creating a wiki was so simple. Thanks to the ACL learning 2.0 team for giving me this opportunity to learn wonderful new things.

#16 Wiki

A wiki is a quick to build, easy to edit website , and is a useful tool to exchange ideas and pool knowledge. Knowledge of HTML or any other markup language is not required to add or edit contents of a wiki.

I liked the look of the Booklovers wiki. In this the librarians who have written reviews have identified themselves, and that makes their comments more credible. SJPCL subjectguides wiki and the Librarysuccess wiki have the same look and arrangement as the wikipedia.The Libraryoutreach wiki gives detailed instructions on adding and editing pages which would be helpful. Anyone who uses a wiki can be a content supplier.

A wiki will be useful for libraries to collaborate with its users and communities. In 'Using wikis to create online communities' it is said that Wikis can be used by libraries to update subject guides, catalogues and give community information. I think wikis will be great for community information.The organisations or assoications in the community can add an edit any information and can provide updated information . Wikis would be good to get reviews and comments from people about books and other library related activities. Using wikis for catalogues and subject guides could be a bit worrying.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you add to the Favourite blogs? :)

Anitha Nair said...

Yes I did.
foranmp3.blogspot.com is me!